The Greater Tampa Realtors unveiled their list of endorsements in the upcoming election on Tuesday, and one of their most provocative selections is choosing Democrat David Singer over Republican Jackie Toledo in the House District 60 campaign.
The Realtors made 20 selections in all: 10 Republicans, six Democrats, and four candidates running in nonpartisan races.
All of the Democrats, except one, the Realtors are backing are incumbents or, in some cases, running in open seats where they are heavily favored: CD 14 Rep. Kathy Castor, SD 19 Senate candidate Darryl Rouson, Hillsborough Clerk of the Court Pat Frank, Property Appraiser Bob Henriquez, and HD 70 Representative candidate Wengay Newton.
The exception is Singer, the Tampa land-use attorney who is an extremely competitive battle against engineer Jackie Toledo for the Hillsborough County House District 60 race. Toledo narrowly defeated businesswoman Rebecca Smith in the GOP primary back in August.
In a press release, the Realtors say the candidates endorsed have been selected based on their position on issues, “particularly those affecting real estate and private property rights.”
The full list of endorsed candidates is listed below:
- Marco Rubio, U.S. Senator
- Gus Bilirakis, U.S. Representative, District 12
- Kathy Castor, U.S. Representative, District 14
- Dennis Ross, U.S. Representative, District 15
- Vern Buchanan, U.S. Representative, District 16
- Dana Young, Florida Senate, District 18
- Darryl Rouson, Florida Senate, District 19
- Daniel Raulerson, State Representative, District 58
- Ross Spano, State Representative, District 59
- David Singer, State Representative, District 60
- Shawn Harrison, State Representative, District 63
- Wengay “Newt” Newton, State Representative, District 70
- Mark Ober, State Attorney, Circuit 13
- Pat Frank, Hillsborough County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Bob Henriquez, Hillsborough County Property Appraiser
- Sandra Murman, Hillsborough County Commissioner, District 1
- Melissa Polo, Circuit Judge, 13th Judicial Circuit Group 24
- Joe Jordon-Robinson, Hillsborough County School Board, District 5
- Lynn Gray, Hillsborough County School Board, District 7
- Frank Chillura, Temple Terrace City Council