In an interview for a national audience that aired Sunday night, Gov. Ron DeSantis offered insight into his “executive” decision-making process.
During an appearance on Fox News’s “Life, Liberty & Levin” recorded on Jan. 6, the Governor explained how his office arrives at its deliberately proactive policy moves.
“In terms of these big issues, I set the vision. I say we have to tackle this. I have certain ideas. We have a lot of great people who work in the Governor’s Office who are able to research what’s been done in the past. Legal, all of these other things, and then come up with a set of options, and then we execute,” DeSantis told host Mark Levin.
“Being an executive, you read a lot. You understand a lot. Get as much information. Kind of have the debate that you want to have with your staff and your advisers,” DeSantis said. “But you gotta be willing to just pull the trigger and lead.”
“I don’t take polls to figure out whether it’s popular or not. My view is I’ve lived in this state my whole life. I understand the folks. I’m going to set the agenda. I’m going to put out the leadership. And then, if you do well, they will follow, and they’ll support what you’re doing. And that’s pretty much how we do it,” DeSantis added.
“We try to stay a step ahead. My view is you’ve always gotta be on offense. If you’re just sitting there and not really making anything happen, then sometimes the problems can mount. So we do try to get ahead, and we try to be very forward-thinking with what we’re doing,” DeSantis explained further.
The interview was largely rehashed talking points familiar to those who follow Florida politics, such as the Governor’s thoughts on illegal immigration, critical race theory, “the corporate media and how dishonest they’ve been,” and COVID-19.
But the fresh material here allowed DeSantis a forum to give some insight into the intellectual processes of his office in the friendliest possible format.
January 9, 2022 at 9:45 pm
I agree he’s always offensive.
But his policies are horseshit.
The CRT lie, banning mask mandates (especially for schoolkids), the private army he wants, his voter fraud task force that was created despite the only fraud being republicans, his anti-BLM protester law, the unenforceable law to require Facebook to not ban people (or whatever the fuck that was), sending law enforcement to the border on my dime, and ignoring real problems like the broken unemployment system.
But that’s not his basic problem.
His core problem is he doesn’t give a fuck about people.
January 9, 2022 at 11:02 pm
No the basic problem is fucking idiots democrats like you who only wish you had enough brains to come up with the ideas he has.
Go back to California or New York, one of your shit hole Democrat run states and crawl back under the rock you came from , loser!!!!
January 10, 2022 at 12:47 am
We did not think our state could sink worse than Rick Scott but Desantis willingly lead his voters to die from covid with his policies and attacking schools and strong-arming them was beyond the pale …I can’t think of one thing Desantis did that was correct
January 10, 2022 at 6:45 am
Hit a nerve huh Bob?
January 10, 2022 at 12:43 am
You are 100% correct
January 10, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Alex still rides with training wheels. He lives In Mommy’s spare bedroom.
January 10, 2022 at 2:46 pm
Poor little Alex never took off his training wheels.
January 10, 2022 at 5:58 pm
Oh, Alex, once again falsely blurting out your assigned talking points with no context. Allow me to retort on your points:
1) The CRT lie: I take it you are talking about Desantis trying to keep CRT from being thought in schools and opponents stating that CRT is not being thought in schools. See, that right there is the REAL CRT lie. While CRT is not being thought in schools as a curriculum, it’s frameworks and components IS being introduced into regular courses by teachers that agree with CRT. He simply wants teachers to stick to the state approved curriculum. Let me ask you, would you be ok with a Christian teacher injecting religious framework and terms into regular curriculum?
2) banning mask mandates (especially for schoolkids): The mask mandates have not worked. We are in line with the states that did the total opposite of what he did with Florida, so it shows there is no point in bringing the self-harm that those lockdowns and mask mandates caused. As for children being masked, that should 100% be up to the parent.
3) the private army he wants: If you are referring to the Florida State Guard he wants to reinstate, it is not a private army. Also, there are 23 other states that have a state guard, including California and New York. Do you believe the California State Guard is Gavin Newsome’s private army?
4) his voter fraud task force that was created despite the only fraud being republicans: Right, Democrats are all angelic beings that only care about the people, can do no wrong, and whose flatulations smell like fresh spring roses…..Come on, man! GTFO with that BS….ALL voter fraud is bad, regardless of which party is doing it, and anyone caught doing it should be fully prosecuted. I do find it interesting that it is Democrats who are always pushing for elections to be less secure. Why is that?
5) the unenforceable law to require Facebook to not ban people (or whatever the fuck that was): There is no such bill. Did you mean SB 1266 or SB 7072? Clarification might help…then again, by your own admission you seem to not know much about whatever it is you are talking about.
6) sending law enforcement to the border on my dime: Please, now you are reaching deep into your pockets to find something to complain about. I missed the part where “The Florida Law Enforcement to the Border Tax” passed legislative session. However, if you want to talk about using state funds for that, a discussion can be had. Of course, then we can really talk about all of OUR money being wasted in Washington by mediocre bureaucrats from BOTH sides of the aisle. I think we could all come together if we started talking about the REAL problems facing this country and where our money is going. And hey…At least Desantis is sending law enforcement to help other states that need help with, wait for it…law enforcement. If he had sent law enforcemnt to help Greg Abbott move, I could see a point for your outrage. Alas, Florida law enforcement being used to help secure the country is something I can get behind.
7) ignoring real problems like the broken unemployment system: I have ZERO idea what’s going on with the Florida unemployment system as I’ve never used it, therefore that is not a particular concern for me. However I am willing to learn and discuss the issue. What exactly is the problem? Is it broken because of his policies or has it been that way for some time?
8) His core problem is he doesn’t give a fuck about people: “Caring” from an election official seems to mean different things to different people depending on their life beliefs. I could be wrong, but you seem to be someone that would like the fish given to them as opposed to being thought how to catch your own fish, so I can see why in your mind, Ron Desantis doesn’t care. Apparently our 220,000 new residents seem to disagree with you, as well as the majority of the existing Florida population.
January 10, 2022 at 8:29 am
America’s Governor proves he’s 2 steps ahead of Dems and media apologists. Gov. Ron plays chess, while others play checkers. His vision and leadership secure Florida’s future.
January 10, 2022 at 11:30 am
How are the knee pads working out, Tom?
January 10, 2022 at 8:17 pm
Angry Scum bag!
How’s the sex you are having with that animal in bed angry. Sicko
January 10, 2022 at 9:04 am
These schmucks want DeSantis to fail. They’re just in a sweat to see him fail because they think it will mean the wash-up cases Crist and Fried may have a chance to get ahead. That’s all these C- poli-sci types can dream of — some Dem in office to kiss their brows and soothe their anxieties, even a Harpie like Fried.
January 10, 2022 at 2:58 pm
Thanks for the laugh Tom! Whenever you use the phrase “America’s Governor ” I reflect on how Rudy was crowned “America’s Mayor ” likely by the same political ops. Like a bad hair day at the Four Seasons Total Landscaping. Let’s have trial by combat, eh Rudy? Rudy and Rona are cut from the same ho cloth! Trump skunks both!!
January 10, 2022 at 4:04 pm
America’s Gov is the best! He earned it from your team Biden and their incompetence. He’s the leader within the GOP and offers the future. All of you Manchurians lose your mind over America’s Gov. So much jealousy as all of you have nothing to offer.
You have nothing to offer.
DeSantis the best!
January 10, 2022 at 4:40 pm
Our governor is the best thing that has ever happened to Florida. Does anyone think anyone can do any better? Crist? Really? He blew his chance.
Comments are closed.