Southwest Florida Republicans now know who will represent them at the Republican convention this summer.
Mike Lyster, the chairman of the Collier County Republicans, said party officials in Collier and Lee counties selected the delegates for congressional District 19 during a meeting Thursday evening. The selection committee picked three delegates and three alternatives. Thirty-three people applied.
“It went well,” said Lyster. “There are a lot of talented volunteers in Collier and Lee counties.”
Congressional District 19 includes most of Lee County and coastal Collier County. The remainder of Collier County is in congressional District 25, which also includes Broward and Miami-Dade counties. Delegates to represent District 25 will be chosen over the weekend.
The congressional District 19 delegates are:
- Jonathan Martin, chairman of the Lee County Republican Executive Committee
- Mike Lyster, chairman of the Collier County Republican Executive Committee
- Lisa Musial, a Cape Coral attorney and the chairwoman of the 20th Judicial Circuit Nominating Commission.
The congressional District 19 alternate delegates are:
- Roz Lesser, treasurer of the Lee County Republican Executive Committee
- Jesse Purdon, the Collier County district office representative for Rep. Curt Clawson
- Michael Hook, a member of the Collier County Republican Executive Committee.