Charlie Crist calls Ron DeSantis unqualified for Governor after flying migrants to Martha’s Vineyard
The gap is widening?

Crist DeSantis
‘This is somebody that’s really not in control of his faculties.’

Charlie Crist is calling Gov. Ron DeSantis unfit for office after Florida delivered Venezuelan and Colombian migrants to Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts.

The Democratic gubernatorial nominee called a news conference one day after reporters confirmed that Florida flew immigrants who crossed the southern border to Martha’s Vineyard, a symbol of Democratic elites. DeSantis first voiced his intent to send immigrants who crossed the border illegally to Martha’s Vineyard and Delaware, the home state of President Joe Biden, in late 2021.

Speaking to reporters, Crist called the act “disgusting and vile” and a political move to rile up his base in preparation for a presidential bid.

“When you are this inhumane in how you treat human beings, you’re not qualified to be Governor of anything,” Crist said Thursday.

“This is somebody that’s really not in control of his faculties,” he continued.

Local officials also say they were caught off guard by the arrival of the two charter planes carrying 50 migrants Wednesday afternoon.

Some reports from Martha’s Vineyard say the migrants were told they would receive housing and jobs upon arrival. Additional reports said the migrants left the airports in vans while others say the migrants walked several miles to reach a community service center.

“They’re escaping oppression,” Crist said. “They’re trying to seek a better life and freedom, and this is how he responds to it, like their cattle? I mean, it’s reprehensible.”

Republicans have suggested delivering migrants to the doorsteps of left-leaning communities would spark action from Democrats. Speaking in Niceville, DeSantis called the current border situation “indefensible.”

“The minute even a small fraction of what those border towns deal with every day is brought to their front door, they all of a sudden go berserk, and they’re so upset that this is happening,” DeSantis said. “It just shows you, their virtue signaling is a fraud.”

The Republican Governor declared that Florida isn’t a “sanctuary” state.

“What would be the best is for Biden to do his damn job and secure the border,” DeSantis said.

During his own news conference, Crist argued DeSantis didn’t have to transport migrants to voice his opposition to Biden’s border and immigration policies.

“If he had a problem with any kind of policy of the Biden administration, he can voice it,” Crist said. “He doesn’t have to engage innocent human beings in this way, in an inhumane fashion, to try to make a political statement.”

Crist called for justice to be served and compared DeSantis’ leadership to that of a socialist regime or former Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

He didn’t offer specific immigration policies when asked for his solution. However, he said he wouldn’t treat them like animals.

“I wouldn’t have shipped them on a plane. I wouldn’t have lied to them. I would have kept them in Florida and treated them humanely, and given them comfort and make sure they were fed and nourished and treated like human beings,” Crist said. “I would do the opposite of what he’s done.”

At DeSantis’ request, lawmakers approved $12 million in this year’s budget for the Department of Transportation (FDOT) to remove immigrants who have entered Florida illegally out of the state and into “sanctuary” communities. While Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has announced and implemented a similar busing program since DeSantis first suggested it, Florida’s program sat unused for more than two months.

Last month, DeSantis told reporters that Florida had not begun its transportation program because the Biden administration had directed fewer migrants to the state than expected. The Governor credited Florida’s program as a deterrent after states like Texas and Arizona acted on their versions of the plan.

DeSantis has long criticized Biden’s border policies, such as ending restrictions from President Donald Trump’s administration. The Associated Press credits Trump with the idea to send migrants to Democratic-led regions.

DeSantis visited the southern border last summer after sending law enforcement officials to the Lone Star State at the request of Abbott and Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, fellow Republicans. He said he was surprised to learn how many immigrants wish to reach Florida after entering the country illegally.

DeSantis, considered a possible contender for President — along with Abbott — has since made tackling illegal immigration a priority. In June, he signed legislation to prevent transportation companies from doing business with Florida if the companies participate in programs to transport migrants to Florida.

Also Thursday, Abbott confirmed he sent migrants near Vice President Kamala Harris‘ Washington home in buses that arrived that morning.

Renzo Downey

Renzo Downey covers state government for Florida Politics. After graduating from Northwestern University in 2019, Renzo began his reporting career in the Lone Star State, covering state government for the Austin American-Statesman. Shoot Renzo an email at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter @RenzoDowney.


111 comments

  • Charlie Crist

    September 15, 2022 at 1:10 pm

    DeSantis is unqualified…too far right politically. America is tired of neo naziism. Vote for me. Let’s really make America great again by ridding it of orange Hitler and mini orange Hitler.

    • Paul Passarelli

      September 15, 2022 at 2:54 pm

      Oh Charlie. If only you payed attention in history class.

      The NAZIs locked the undesirables up. You know, the way the Obozo Immigration & Naturalization and Border Patrol Services put kids in the cages.

      Uh, oh, is that an inconvenient truth nagging at your incredible hypocrisy?

      • Charlie Crist

        September 15, 2022 at 3:05 pm

        Trump didn’t separate kids? Put kids in cages? Another 20 years of the likes of Rick Scott and DeDumbDumb…and they’ll be handing down death sentences for drug dealers. Even the Saudis will be shaming us. Already we are the laughing stock of the world over Trump because of you idiots.

        • Avy115

          September 15, 2022 at 4:33 pm

          I actually have even produced $32800 best in thirty days simply running some clean responsibilities from a laptop. Immediately as soon as I’ve misplaced my (any-09) preceding position, I became very distressed and luckily I actually have observed this pleasant on line possibility that’s why I should make heaps staying at home. Everyone can virtually be part of this pleasant work & accumulate greater bucks online with the aid of using.

          checking this page———->>> cashprofit99.netlify.app

        • Billy Rotberg

          September 16, 2022 at 1:26 pm

          You are a virus that needs a cure

          • Billy is a Liberal Bot Secretly Working for the Dems

            September 18, 2022 at 11:36 am

            Billy wants to force everyone to wear masks again because he believes in Big Government Control. Billy wants your kids to be separated into the oppressed and oppressors. New Flash! Billy is a victim and will always play the victim card because he’s a liberal snowflake.

        • Arnold Gibbs

          September 16, 2022 at 7:41 pm

          We are the laughing stock of the World because of Biden and his feckless administration. Face it Charlie Boy, you are going to go down in flames. Buy the way, where is the new Mrs. Crist, or should I say where is your beard?

          • Jack

            September 17, 2022 at 11:42 am

            At least they’re not laughing as much as when trump was president – now that was something to be embarrassed about.

      • tjb

        September 16, 2022 at 9:32 am

        Paul, are you the guy who received 1% of the votes when you run for office in Connecticut? I understand that Alfred E. Neuman had more votes than you as a write-in.

      • Billy Rotberg

        September 16, 2022 at 1:29 pm

        “Charlie Christ” confirmed chi com bot hiding behind a fake screen name.
        DEMs are desperate

        • Billy Loves Communism

          September 18, 2022 at 11:33 am

          Billy is secretly a liberal. Don’t trust him. He wants open borders and is an agent of the Woke agenda. Billy is a double agent working for Venezuela because he loves communism. On top of that, Billy is very lazy and lives off of government handouts. Don’t hire Billy. He won’t show up to work.

      • Ann Marie

        September 18, 2022 at 11:00 am

        I think it’s safe to ignore anyone who spells “paid” as “payed”. Good grief.

    • TD

      September 15, 2022 at 7:56 pm

      INSANE DEMS: “Florida is Nazi state”

      ALSO

      INSANE DEMS: “Transporting migrants out of Florida is literally Nazi fascism.”

      PICK A MESSAGE GENIUS

    • Billy Rotberg

      September 16, 2022 at 1:13 pm

      So says the coward hiding behind a fake screen name,
      What are you afraid of, snowflake?

      • Billy Boy Is A Freeloader

        September 18, 2022 at 11:28 am

        Why don’t you work like a real man Billy? Someone who comments as much as you are obviously doesn’t work. Billy Boy needs a job instead of being a freeloader.

    • Billy Rotberg

      September 16, 2022 at 1:27 pm

      You blue cultists push the fascist gun ban agenda. Get a clue before you make a fool out of yourself again.

      • Billy Boy Can't Work Because He's Lazy

        September 18, 2022 at 11:30 am

        Billy is so lazy. He doesn’t work and instead spends his time commenting endlessly. Find a job Billy Boy. You are disappointing to Ron. He is so mad at your laziness.

  • Tom

    September 15, 2022 at 1:15 pm

    Chameleon is the most unqualified public official in Florida’s history!
    He selected a incompetent Lg Gov nominee.

    • Charlie Crist

      September 15, 2022 at 2:08 pm

      👆Vote for me. I’ll put guy’s like this in the nut house…

      • Billy Rotberg

        September 16, 2022 at 1:14 pm

        YOU belong in the nut house, troll farm virus

        • Billy is a Liberal

          September 18, 2022 at 11:45 am

          Billy is the secret troll farm virus. He just wants everyone to think he isn’t. Billy, we are all concerned about your well being. Triggered much? Communism is not the answer Billy, even though you worship Stalin. Billy wants to take all of your guns away because he hates the Second Amendment.

  • Charlie

    September 15, 2022 at 1:22 pm

    The governor has lost it mentally and is a a major ass hole. If he was hell bent on sending Immigrants to sanctuary cities then the humane thing to do would’ve been to send them to large cities that could handle the influx. This was just a cruel act no matter what political side you sit on. I’ve never seen such bad politics played out. Governor DeSantis you’re the biggest asshole in the world. Instead of getting on the ticket for 2024 try getting on a peloton.

    • Paul Passarelli

      September 15, 2022 at 3:00 pm

      Those wealthy Democrats in the Vineyard could employ those illegals to pick up the trash they throw on the too narrow roads, and the litter they leave on the beaches.

      There is so much opportunity for work out there that the islanders could absorb the *TRAINLOADS* of workers, and still have jobs to fill.

      The real problem is that Governor DeSantis picked a location where the natives really really ‘like the idea’ of brown immigrants (in theory), but really really don’t want to see any brown people in their midst. Unless they are cutting the grass.

      • MassRepublican

        September 16, 2022 at 12:22 pm

        You Floridiots. I will skip the obvious comments about your Putinesque enjoyment of this relocation and point out something comical. The rich people dont live on the Vineyard. They summer there. They’ve mostly left. Their houses are closed and boats are winterized.
        Desantis dumped these people on the blue collar workers who keep things running in the off season. They had to pull volunteers from the local high school. Real smooth. Ever hear the phrase “Know your enemy”?

        I feel bad for you all. Your choices are this ass Desantis or Jesus Crist superstar? You may be better off moving to Venezuela. I hear that some properties are recently vacated.

        • Paul Passarelli

          September 16, 2022 at 1:51 pm

          Well, then I guess the local government will have to house them, feed them, and keep them from breaking into the rich people’s houses.

          If you think that is a chore with just 50 illegals, imagine how difficult that task is with hundreds if thousands comming in each year, every year!

          People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

          • Tjb

            September 17, 2022 at 11:33 am

            FACT: Immigrants in the United States have about a net zero effect on government budgets — they pay about as much in taxes as they consume in benefits

    • TD

      September 15, 2022 at 7:54 pm

      “then the humane thing to do would’ve been to send them to large cities that could handle the influx.”

      AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

      Have you turned on the news lately to see how NY, DC, Chicago, etc are b*tching and moaning? And if 50 causes a meltdown, what do you think happens everyday in actual border towns, genius? By the way, how is the CRIME in those Democrat cities? How humane is it to give them a one way ticket to being robbed and murdered by thugs, like in the socialist hellholes they are trying to flee?

      No, these people who went to Martha’s Vineyard got the best deal of all. Tons of guilty rich people, who will lavish supplies on them and then of course eventually turn on them and show their real racism by shipping them off to Boston, but only after ensuring their own azzes are covered by making sure the migrants get all the “free” services that they came here for anyways. For a few weeks of limbo it’s going to turn out way better than any of those cities for these people.

  • ScienceBLVR

    September 15, 2022 at 1:22 pm

    Perhaps Joe Welch said it best, “Until this moment Governor DeSantis, I think I have never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness. Have you no decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?”

    • Billy Rotberg

      September 16, 2022 at 1:18 pm

      Biden and Lightfoot did the same thing. Until Biden fixes the problem he created there is nothing you can do about it.

      • Billy Boy Has No Job

        September 18, 2022 at 11:23 am

        Oh Billy. Why are you so lazy spending your time with endless comments? Get a job sir. Stop living off the government as a tick would you parasite.

  • Lillian Gaines

    September 15, 2022 at 1:37 pm

    Dead Mr. c
    Crist,
    I object to my Florida dollars being used to transport people from Texas. I want Desantis to pay for this out of his own pocket. What has he done personally to help anyone in need (I adopted 3 children in foster care). The money he spent on this stunt should be used to help Floridians in need!

    • Paul Passarelli

      September 15, 2022 at 3:05 pm

      The governor just saved the Florida taxpayers many many thousands of dollars. A plane ticket is a one time expense.

      Just *ONE* major crime by one of those illegal aliens would have cost the state many time the total cost of both flights to incarcerate try & convict the offender.

      And what of the families of the victims of homicide committed by illegals?

      No Lillian (if that is who you are), you are being completely disingenuous.

      • Elliott Offen

        September 15, 2022 at 6:58 pm

        Yeah all DeSantis vote buying and antics paid for in hoarded federal dollars. Thank you California for making Florida great again. Also tourists…the rest of the nation..which without the state would be like Mississippi with a beach thanks to GOP hog grifters like Rick Scott and DeDumbDumb. Empty suit, anti-government bums…

        • Paul Passarelli

          September 15, 2022 at 8:24 pm

          You really need to take it easy on the psychedelic drugs.
          Perhaps that word salad made sense to you, but I can’t read “scatterbrain’. How does one buy votes with hoarded money? You should sleep it off.

          • Elliott Offen

            September 15, 2022 at 8:32 pm

            First responder bonuses? Where did this money come from? Where does the budget surplus come from??

      • TD

        September 15, 2022 at 7:41 pm

        Thank you, Paul. I am glad someone else got the point that getting them out of here is a MASSIVE COST SAVINGS in the long run.

        These are people who are literally taught how to abuse the benefits system for life by NGOs before they even step across the border. Malkin’s Open Borders, Inc. along with CBS News documentary Border Business and numerous Caravan documentaries all show how migrants are openly coached, given documentation and cell phones, told where to cross and what to say (especially lying about age or family status). It is an INVASION and it must stop.

      • Tjb

        September 16, 2022 at 2:03 pm

        Are you the guy who received 1% of the vote when you run for office in Connecticut?

      • Tjb

        September 17, 2022 at 11:39 am

        Paul, I understand that you live in a alternate universe and facts probably mean very little to you.
        FACT: Immigrants in the United States have about a net zero effect on government budgets — they pay about as much in taxes as they consume in benefits,

        Also, the their crime rate is lower than native Americans..

        • Paul Passarelli

          September 19, 2022 at 3:43 pm

          @Tjb, what say you to this? it arrived in my inbox today.

          Governor DeSantis […] first met Kiyan Michael after hearing the story of her son Brandon, who was tragically killed by a twice-deported illegal immigrant.

          No one should have to go through what Kiyan and her husband went through, burying their son when he was just 21 years old.

      • Tjb

        September 17, 2022 at 12:16 pm

        Paul, I understand that you live in a alternate universe and facts probably mean very little to you.
        FACT: Immigrants in the United States have about a net zero effect on government budgets — they pay about as much in taxes as they consume in benefits,
        Also, the their crime rate is lower than native Americans

      • Tjb

        September 17, 2022 at 12:17 pm

        FACT: Immigrants in the United States have about a net zero effect on government budgets — they pay about as much in taxes as they consume

        • Paul Passarelli

          September 17, 2022 at 1:25 pm

          @Tjb’s alias wrote: “FACT: Immigrants in the United States have about a net zero effect on government budgets — they pay about as much in taxes as they consume in benefits”

          Which is absolutely indefensible as a statement. It’s more proof that Leftists will lie or are irredeemably stupid, I’ll leave it to Tjb to decide.

          It’s not a “fact” if it is demonstrably false. It defies common sense. It defies analysis. It’s an assertion that illegals are basically in the 100% tax bracket, which is absurd.

          • Tjb

            September 19, 2022 at 10:00 am

            Now I understand why you got 1% of the vote when you ran for office in Connecticut. You are a dumb ass and you can’t read.
            Try reading my comment again … “they. Pay about the same amount in taxes as they receive in benefits”.
            Paul, this information comes from a conservative think tank.,

            Paul you ran for state comptroller in Connecticut, and position entails:
            Comptroller often oversee and investigate government institutions’ finances.
            Based on your response you have no understanding of finance.

          • Paul Passarelli

            September 19, 2022 at 10:56 am

            @Tjb, Let’s assume you actually quoted a line from an unidentified “conservative think tank”, I’m reasonably certain you took it out of context.

            As for the comptroller “run”, my name was there to fill out the ticket. Did you also notice I got more votes that year then the gubernatorial candidate?

            Politics in Connecticut is a joke. The GOP there is entirely ineffective. The Democrats have a 2:1 advantage, and the Libertarians as we all know hate roads.

            You are trying to shame me for trying to get a message out. It won’t work. I knew what I was doing and I’m proud of my >1% accomplishment. The expectation was far far less.

          • tjb

            September 22, 2022 at 2:13 pm

            Paul. where do get your facts–Tucker Carson or some right-wing blowhard that gives aopinions and alternate facts on issues such as these — with no regard to actual facts.
            You can Google my FACT:— to find the source.

      • Tjb

        September 17, 2022 at 12:23 pm

        Paul, I understand that you live in a alternate universe and facts probably mean very little to you.
        FACT: Immigrants in the United States have about a net zero effect on government budgets — they pay about as much in taxes as they consume .

        • Paul Passarelli

          September 22, 2022 at 3:05 pm

          Who is Tucker Carson? I don’t have cable TV. We cut the cord about six years ago because the fake news was simply too much to gag down.

          My facts come from multiple sources. I listen to many different sources, including NPR and others on the left.

          When I need a ‘factoid’ I use Google — Perhaps you’ve heard all the praises “The Big G” earns from all those “right-wing blowhard” sources.

          I did. I found the literal quote. The I traced it back to another source, and back again, and again, until it evaporated. I traced it all the way back to a comment on WaPo from some malcontent leftist created in Dec ’17 and deleted in Jan 2018 — whaddya know a poster that no longer exists. One of your other aliases?

          Go back to the New York Daily Voice, Bacciagalupe.

  • Richard Bruce

    September 15, 2022 at 2:26 pm

    Gov DeSantis is doing what Crist wants. What better place and lifestyle can these illegal immigrants get other than living in one of the riches and privileged communities in the USA. Avg income is over $130k/yr. There are over 50 millionaires on the island. Pres Obama has 30 acres of land. It only takes a few acres to house 100 illegal immigrants.

  • PeterH

    September 15, 2022 at 2:47 pm

    These type of theatrics come at an expense to the Florida taxpayer. Most Venezuelans live I. Florida.

    Florida taxpayers subsidized the cost of two private aircraft to shuffle 50 migrants from San Antonio Texas to Martha’s Vineyard should understand that these migrants will more than likely end up with family here in Florida.

    REPUBLICANS ARE AMERICA’S PROBLEM.

    VOTE REPUBLICANS OUT OF OFFICE!

    • Paul Passarelli

      September 15, 2022 at 3:12 pm

      Here’s more proof that Democrats are stupid. The PeterH alias can’t even read:

      the story says: “… lawmakers approved $12 million in this year’s budget for the Department of Transportation (FDOT) to remove immigrants who have entered Florida illegally out of the state and into “sanctuary” communities.”

      • Anthony D

        September 15, 2022 at 5:32 pm

        Except they were never in Florida. They had just crossed into Texas. They also were lied to and told that they would be sent to Boston. Your fear mongering that just one of these immigrants could commit a crime is laughable considering this state has plenty of crimes constantly in flux. Perhaps he should have just given that fund to SVU units in Florida or maybe actually give corrections officers more money. Florida has some of the lowest pay rates for corrections and policing. He is a cunt. Get off yourself.

        • Paul Passarelli

          September 15, 2022 at 8:40 pm

          So your issue is with the original story in this thread. I quoted the lines above. If they are wrong, then you should blame the author, Renzo Downey, not me.

          But here’s the thing; I stand by what I wrote and my conclusions, even if that particular factoid I was supplied is incorrect. Why? Because my argument is still supported by the evidence. OK, maybe not 1 in those 50 were going to commit a crime, but statistically illegal aliens do regularly commit crime in My Sunshine State.

          you wrote: “Perhaps he should have just given that fund to SVU units in Florida or maybe actually give corrections officers more money. Florida has some of the lowest pay rates for corrections and policing.”

          Tell us; what are your thoughts on DeSantis paying bonuses to attract out of state Police officers to the state? Is he still a “c*nt”, or are you a hypocrite?

          • Tjb

            September 16, 2022 at 2:06 pm

            As I spend more time reading your comments Paul, it becomes obvious that you are a bigot.

          • Paul Passarelli

            September 16, 2022 at 3:29 pm

            Hmmm, let’s see:

            bigot: noun — a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

            We’re going to have to take that apart:

            obstinate: adjective — stubbornly refusing to change one’s opinion or chosen course of action, despite attempts to persuade one to do so.

            prejudiced: adjective — having or showing a dislike or distrust that is derived from prejudice; bigoted.

            antagonistic: adjective — showing or feeling active opposition or hostility toward someone or something.

            OK, you get the point. Did you ever wonder why the Hippy Left chose these words to attack the establishment in the 60s?

            It’s because from their perspective they are indefensible, from an *emotional* attack. Of course that was because the only attack the hippies then could mount was emotional, and the only attack the Progressive-Socialists of today can mount is emotional as well.

            That said; you are welcome to present a *logical* argument in support of your name calling. I can refute that.

            However, in the face of an emotional onslaught, I have admitted that NO ONE can defend themselves, against that charge, unless they are in lock-step with the accuser.

            And of course that requires the suppression of Free Speech, which is something I will not tolerate.

            So you can call me a bigot & think you have emerged victorious, but in fact, you have only weakened your own position. History will be the judge.

            To borrow a phrase: “Arguing with a Liberal is like playing chess with a pigeon. The bird will knock the pieces to the floor, shit all over the board, and strut around as if victorious in the game.”

            But yeah, I must be a bigot because I have a problem with illegal aliens violating the border, and the Federal government failing to do its job of keeping the border secure.

            Q.E.D.

      • marylou

        September 15, 2022 at 6:12 pm

        What are you saying? Desantis used Florida FDOT taxpayer funds to fly migrants FROM TEXAS—not from Florida! They didn’t enter Florida illegally. Why is Desantis spending Florida tax $$ in Texas? Isn’t this illegal? Can he use Florida tax money for another state’s benefit? Budget or not, Florida taxpayers paid for his spectacle. What are you saying is stupid?

        Were any of these 50 people children? Any unaccompanied? Crossing state lines while kidnapping minors? And why was there someone videotaping if it’s not a 2024 presidential campaign ad? Paid for by Florida taxpayers?

        • TD

          September 15, 2022 at 7:42 pm

          You muppet, how much do you think it would have cost in yOuR tAx DoLLaRs if they would have stayed? Over a five year period, with them gaming the system the entire time!!!

          • marylou

            September 15, 2022 at 9:04 pm

            That’s not really the point, is it? If reports are correct, Desantis used Florida taxpayer dollars to fly people from Texas, not Florida. Is it kidnapping to provide false information to people to get them onto a plane , then take them across state lines, as part of a conspiracy with Abbott, who is also in a different state? It would be kidnapping if an adult got a child into his car by telling the kid that his mom wanted the adult to pick him up. Is it more serious if they did this with minors?

          • Paul Passarelli

            September 15, 2022 at 9:45 pm

            Let’s do the math for marylou who. (Yes it was “Cindy Lou Who” but that’s not important now.)

            50 illegal aliens X $2,000 per month per alien is $100,000/mo in benefit payments
            5 years is 60 months so 60 months x $100,000/mo is $6,000,000 in benefit payments the taxpayers have to bear.

            I see what the problem is. Our clueless marylouwho thinks that the governor spent the whole $12M that the legislature approved on the one flight. She’s a little dense.

            Let’s suppose that a 50 seat one way charter costs $4,000 per seat (I can get one for less, but let’s assume that in a moment of stupidity we hire marylouwho to get us the quote.

            50 seats x $4,000 per seat is $200,000 dollars. But as I pointed out before it’s a *ONE TIME* expense. In two months the State government breaks even. Every month after that costs the taxpayers *NOTHING*.

            That why everyone with a brain is suggesting we deport the millions of illegals the Biden administration has allowed to wander around inside the country.

            Sleepy Joe is guilty of Treason against the United States & the Constitution.

  • Paul Passarelli

    September 15, 2022 at 2:49 pm

    Deporting illegal aliens from the state is the ABSOLUTE BEST THING that a governor that values his citizens over the political agenda of Cloward & Piven to collapse the system.

    Let the Blue states that want the open borders put their money where their mouths are.

    • Fat Cammack

      September 15, 2022 at 3:11 pm

      You should start a pizza join Paul. Call it Paul Pizzarelli’s Pizzeria. I’d even come to the ribbon cutting…and perhaps even give you a bare assed, greasy face sit for giving me publicly 🍩💋

      • Paul Passarelli

        September 15, 2022 at 3:14 pm

        You are one sad, sick, and pathetic, SOB trying to pass as a person.

        • Fat Cammack

          September 15, 2022 at 7:05 pm

          @Paul: I’d rather have an illegal alien move here than a rich Florida border jumper from Connecticut. My gd property tax bill went up because of you cheap bstards. On top of that, hoard money and don’t wanna pay taxes.🐷

          • TD

            September 15, 2022 at 7:47 pm

            The scum of society hates what is successful and beautiful. You are just another example, whose hate fuels your own obsession with being facedown in the Cammack Hammock. The scum of society take power in communist revolutions. That will not be allowed to occur here in the USA.

          • Paul Passarelli

            September 15, 2022 at 8:15 pm

            Hmmm, I seem to remember another post by a Democrat just this morning proving how incredibly stupid they are, economically & politically.

            you wrote: “I’d rather have an illegal alien move here than a rich Florida border jumper from Connecticut. My gd property tax bill went up because …”

            I cut it off because your conclusion is wrong.

            I’d have to check with my bookkeeper, but I’d be willing to bet that just the FL sales tax I paid this quarter is more than the taxes you’ve paid during your entire adult lifetime. But I don’t want to appear boastful.

            I don’t hoard money, I use it. And I pay my taxes. What I don’t do is advocate that others pay more taxes because some people are too {expletive deleted} to actually perform charitable acts. I don’t expect anything from the government other than fair courts of law, border security, and the right/ability to pursue my dreams. Certainly not a guaranteed outcome.

            And so I advocate for *small* government and oppose large government. Exactly the opposite of Democrats.

      • Billy Rotberg

        September 16, 2022 at 1:20 pm

        Libturds are garbage

        • Tjb

          September 16, 2022 at 2:14 pm

          Paul why don’t you go back to Connecticut. You are a pompous ass and a carpetbagger. I am amazed that you even got one per cent of the vote when you ran for office in Connecticut. Did you and your few friends commit voter fraud to get you to the one per cent mark?

          • Paul Passarelli

            September 16, 2022 at 3:50 pm

            you wrote: “Did you and your few friends commit voter fraud to get you to the one per cent mark?”

            That’s a potentially libelous question. Every once in a while I’m glad that this forum doesn’t allow deletions or editing of posts.

            I left my home state because it changed into something I no longer recognized and no longer respected. As I watched my home of ~50 years fade into the rearview mirror for the last time I didn’t even shed a tear of regret. I was that disillusioned of what my Nutmeg state had become.

            You are just full of demonstrably false statements. I bought a home Here for cash. Planted roots, ang now proudly call the Sunshine state my new & permanent home.

            carpetbagger: noun DEROGATORY•INFORMAL
            a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.

            Hillary was a carpetbagger when she ran for the Senate in NY. Laura Loomis too when she ran for the House in Florida. You keep bringing up my political career in CT in an effort to disparage me. My candidacy was directed against Chris Murphy (D) because he is demonstrably stupid, and a shitty human being.

    • Ocean Joe

      September 15, 2022 at 6:57 pm

      Except they were sent here from Texas specifically so Desantis could share in the cruelty without having to send Cubans. If he sent a planeload of Cubans who are also landing every day, all hell would break loose. His political career would be over.
      Blue states put their money in Florida, since we are a beggar state.
      An expensive, cruel stunt.

      • Paul Passarelli

        September 15, 2022 at 8:17 pm

        Another one that lacks reading comprehension. “They entered the state of Florida.” it says so somewhere in the article.

        • Fat Cammack

          September 15, 2022 at 8:44 pm

          “Small government” results in plutocracy eventually. Leaves a power vacuum for the rich to fill with people who exploit any way that they can. Wealth and income inequality would increase as the rich only care about profits. The social problems that would result would make you reconsider. Where would this country be today if it had always adhered to the small government mentality?

          • Paul Passarelli

            September 15, 2022 at 9:17 pm

            you wrote: “Where would this country be today if it had always adhered to the small government mentality?”

            Which is an interesting question that I’d like to debate. But not with you.

          • Fat Cammack

            September 15, 2022 at 9:23 pm

            That’s because the answer to that question is plutocracy… massive wealth and income inequality that even you and your ancestors would not have escaped…not because big narcissist Pizzarelli doesn’t want to debate with me specifically. Also any charitable giving that you might do is skimmed and grifted by people with your mentality…that’s why it’s not sufficient.

          • Paul Passarelli

            September 15, 2022 at 10:03 pm

            Nope. I don’t want to debate with you because you are vile, disgusting, and repugnant.

            you wrote: “Also any charitable giving that you might do is skimmed and grifted by people with your mentality…that’s why it’s not sufficient.”

            Which is right out of Josef Goebbels playbook:
            “Accuse the other side of which you are guilty.””

        • Elliott Offen

          September 15, 2022 at 9:18 pm

          @Paul: “I’d be willing to bet that just the FL sales tax I paid this quarter is more than the taxes you’ve paid during your entire adult lifetime.”
          If you didn’t want to appear boastful then you’ve failed. Could have done without all the narcissism and demonstration of your psychic abilities… assuming what others have or have not done, have or have not etc.

          • Paul Passarelli

            September 15, 2022 at 9:56 pm

            You’re right I made an assumption. It’s possible that you have paid more in taxes in your adult lifetime than I paid this quarter. But I’d only be inclined to believe that if you admitted to being a Trust Fund baby.

            Why? Because the complete and total lack of intelligence you’ve displayed here on Florida Politics in the two months that I’ve been reading it, has proved to anyone that you are a fool. Well, again, assuming you actually practice what you preach.

            But if you don’t then you are a hypocrite, and just as untrustworthy as if you actually were a complete moron, who believed all the Progressive-Socialist claptrap.

            Either way you’ve forfeited all credibility. I don’t know for certain how many aliases you portray here, but I doubt that even the other fools that play the aliases you team up with would believe a word you say in the real world either.

            Congrats you made a point. As if anyone who matters actually cares.

          • Fat Cammack

            September 15, 2022 at 10:52 pm

            Paul Pizzarelli is a narcissistic psychopath… easy to see.

  • Tom

    September 15, 2022 at 2:59 pm

    Rumor is alias Joey corsin Charlie, Peter h, and mis believer, and other Dum Dems will be migrated out next. Big party!
    LMAO

    • Charlie Crist

      September 15, 2022 at 3:08 pm

      👆 Barely legible gibberish.. typical Trump dumb dumb. Vote for me. I’ll deport this nincompoop to Russia.

      • Tom

        September 15, 2022 at 3:21 pm

        See ya, they are coming for you.

        • Charlie Crist

          September 15, 2022 at 7:00 pm

          👆 Vote for me. I’ll put this clown to work in a sewer.

          • Billy Rotberg

            September 16, 2022 at 1:21 pm

            You live in a sew, troll farm virus

  • Hope

    September 15, 2022 at 3:16 pm

    Wouldn’t Biden be the one who is unqualified since he is the one NOT securing the Border?

    • Joe Corsin

      September 15, 2022 at 7:01 pm

      Wouldn’t Trump be unqualified because of decade long crime spree??

  • Tom

    September 15, 2022 at 3:40 pm

    Florida is not a sanctuary state.
    They gots to go!

    Take Joey corsin Charlie, idiot Elliot, peter h, mis believer, Palmer, bill, haney, fake pastor, Mary who, smiff, Morton and other dum Dems.
    So many soros Manchurian.
    See ya!

    • Charlie Crist

      September 15, 2022 at 7:06 pm

      👆 Vote for me. I’ll deport this redneck azzhole to the Atlantic ocean.

      • Billy Rotberg

        September 16, 2022 at 1:22 pm

        Nope, YOU will be dropped into the ocean from a helicopter.

  • marylou

    September 15, 2022 at 4:37 pm

    Desantis’s cruel treatment of migrants is fully in character. He exploits victimized children, joking about “groomers” and “grooming” as campaign slogans. He’s forcing little elementary school girls to become mothers. Desantis is dictating that pregnant women and girls must be almost dead to get life saving medical care. The US already has the highest maternal mortality rate among industrialized countries, and a 23% increase is expected as a result of forced births. Women and girls are going to actually die while waiting for permission from this extremist. He knows that.

    What kind of person just watches someone get closer and closer to death? What’s Desantis going to be doing while women die? No doubt he will be all excited playing dress up in his “Full Armor of God” and “Belt of Truth” costume.

    Desantis needs to be denied medical care until a committee of women decides he’s dead-enough. And, they need to take plenty of time to be really, really sure. No treatment for broken bones or kidney stones. It won’t kill him…go home! If he dies anyway, it was God’s will. No one does this much damage unless they’re enjoying it.

  • tom palmer

    September 15, 2022 at 4:53 pm

    I thought I had already seen the worst of Gov. DeSantis; pugnacious, ill-conceived political grandstanding. I was wrong.

  • KurtinOC

    September 15, 2022 at 6:20 pm

    I heard CA is shipping truck loads of Shit to the FL Governor’s mansion? Makes sense since it is full of shit anyway.

    • Billy Rotberg

      September 16, 2022 at 1:33 pm

      Nah, YOU ARE full of caca

  • Bob McLeran

    September 16, 2022 at 8:20 am

    Sounds like kidnapping under Florida statutes to me. I’m sure the Floridah Attorney General is going to investigate. NOT!

    • Billy Rotberg

      September 16, 2022 at 1:37 pm

      Biden and Lightfoot did the exact same thing.
      Lock them up too!
      But you won’t, because you are a hypocrite.
      Democrats are incapable of accepting responsibility for the problems they cause.

    • marylou

      September 16, 2022 at 1:55 pm

      DOJ Garland should be handling it: multi-state felony hate crimes including kidnapping and child trafficking (forced child labor when children were taped by Desantis’s videographer for use in a campaign ad??), and multi-state conspiracy with Abbott to commit the crimes. Obviously, I’m not a lawyer!!

  • tjb

    September 16, 2022 at 9:31 am

    Paul, are you the guy who received 1% of the votes when you run for office in Connecticut? I understand that Alfred E. Neuman had more votes than you as a write-in

    • Paul Passarelli

      September 16, 2022 at 10:01 am

      Yes. That was me. I’m quite proud to say that the 1.4% of the vote I managed, exceeded my expectations. The LPCT had been struggling for decades. CT law required a >1% turnout to automatically add a 3rd Party to the subsequent years ballots. I surpassed that goal by more than my desired amount.

      And yes, I even managed to get more votes than the LP’s top of the ticket candidate for President that year in the Nutmeg State. Although I didn’t have the opportunity to meet him, I don’t think Gary Johnson likes to be called Alfred E. Newman.

      You can try to embarrass me, but you will fail. You will only succeed in embarrassing yourself with your incompetent arguments, multiple aliases, and disgusting comments.

  • Paul Passarelli

    September 16, 2022 at 9:50 am

    You nailed it, TD.
    I can hear Liberal heads exploding across the state.
    It’s a satisfying sound, like a thunder storm in the near distance.

  • Billy Rotberg

    September 16, 2022 at 1:24 pm

    Biden created the problem, yet liberals don’t hold him accountable. They just make excuses for him.
    Democrats are incapable of governing.

  • mark

    September 16, 2022 at 4:46 pm

    you need an editor

  • Beth

    September 16, 2022 at 8:01 pm

    The only thing DeSantis is qualified for is a job in a circus and he would probably be a massive failure there too. In my FL city we had two kids bring guns to school this week and another teen shoot someone in a road rage incident. This is what happens when your governor is busy with his disgusting racist publicity stunts. Friends from all over the country are calling to find out what is wrong with this creep. DeSantis is nothing but a mentally unstable sociopath who will hurt anyone for attention money or power. Time for intelligent decent people to rise up and vote the lunatic out of office.

    • Paul Passarelli

      September 16, 2022 at 8:10 pm

      Beth wrote: “In my FL city we had two kids bring guns to school this week and another teen shoot someone in a road rage incident.”

      Published links please; or it didn’t happen.

  • MassRepublican

    September 16, 2022 at 9:14 pm

    That’s a cute picture Paul. You have one with a white hood on too? Can you be any more racist? Why would you infer that they are looking to commit crimes? Actually they are being housed at a local military base. A good way to push the cost back on a federal level.

    Did you know here in Mass we had a tax surplus? By Christmas I will receive back 13% of what I paid in taxes last year. It’s a state law that they cant overtax us. Meanwhile the Floridiots are using their tax dollars flying people around the country to pump the tires of the Desantis campaign. Ha!

    Say hi to David Duke at your next meeting Paul and try not to be so overtly racist in public. You’re supposed to hide behind the white hood.

  • Paul Passarelli

    September 16, 2022 at 10:22 pm

    @MassRepublican, It appears I’ve commented on this thread twenty times already. Since I’ve established that my opponents are lacking reading comprehension, and you are discussing the KKK & MA taxes I can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about.

    you wrote: “Why would you infer that they are looking to commit crimes?”

    No inference is necessary. They crossed into the US illegally. That is established.

    you also wrote: “Did you know here in Mass we had a tax surplus?”

    I would hope so.
    https://bostonagentmagazine.com/2022/05/12/massachusetts-ranked-one-of-the-worst-states-for-property-taxes/#:~:text=Each%20state's%20overall%20ranking%20was,ranking%2012th%20for%20sales%20tax.

    The idea that you’re happy to get an eight of your hard earned money back nearly a year after it was seized, shows just how brainwashed you’ve become by the Progressive-Socialist agenda.

    P.S. A bit of sincere friendly advice. Next time pay attention to where the reply is going when the system screws up or the Captcha doesn’t like your response. It’s happens several times a day, and I’ve clicked too fast on the refresh and misplaced a few replies.

    • MassRepublican

      September 19, 2022 at 8:59 am

      A few counterpoints:

      1) MA taxes pay for the best k-12 schools in the country. My son’s college scholarship is worth a decade of my tax dollars. Money well spent. Where does FL rank in education?
      2. A peer reviewed study by the National Academy of Sciences published in December of 2020 demonstrated that illegal immigrants in Texas are less likely to engage in criminial activities on average than naturally born Texans. The statistics werent even close.
      3) Your slippery slope argument regarding crime shows a lack of sophistication in your ability to debate. You are looking to deceptively misrepresent the causal relation between events because your argument is specious. You use rhetoric and fear mongering in place of actual facts. Can you speak with any authority using validated facts or have you already put your best foot foward?

      • Paul Passarelli

        September 19, 2022 at 10:44 am

        Considering you started the engagement by calling me a racist fear monger, I thought I’d work the debate at your level of sophistication.

        you wrote: “Why would you infer that they are looking to commit crimes?” which is clearly a strawman, because I didn’t infer it.

        But regardless, they are in the country illegally. If they were not they’d have their I-9s and would have declined the offer for transport. The Florida economy has the lowest unemployment in the nation . But they are not employable as illegals, that means they are either on the dole or becoming indebted to coyotes or will resort to stealing to survive.

        I’ll let you draw the conclusion.

        BTW: Which Soros Troll are you today. Are you the troll supervisor that gets called in when the junior trolls are getting plastered by those of us with common sense?

        BTW and apropos of nothing, I’ll leave you with two items:
        1) objoke:
        Q: What’s the difference between a Fenway Park hotdog and a Yankee Stadium hotdog?
        A: You can buy a Yankee stadium hotdog in October.

        2) My friend Larry had a bumper sticker that read:
        ~ *** — Massachusetts — *** ~
        Liberty was born here but it died

  • Pablo Martinez

    September 17, 2022 at 8:35 am

    The 12 Million Dollars that the legislature appropriated came from the 3k that DeSantis stole from the unemployed in the Summer of 2021. DeSantis has lost the Hispanic vote because of his latest stunt. I will do my part to derail DeSantis political career by voting for Crist. MAGA is a cult and the orange god will be indicted!

    • Tom

      September 17, 2022 at 8:41 am

      Pablo, the legislature appropriates and re appropriates.

      You are crazy, it’s not your money!
      Hispanics will support Gov 60%. Or more.

      Btw, the unemployment rate it’s been under 3.5% for over a year.
      It’s the lowest ever at 2.7% unemployment now. The monies for that area are minimal. If anything because over 11 million are working, it’s making more revenues as depart,

      Spare us.

    • Paul Passarelli

      September 17, 2022 at 10:41 am

      Another Troll, another fake alias. The name Pablo Martinez is a photographer’s credit for some AP material on the site.
      ZERO CREDIBILITY

  • Tom

    September 17, 2022 at 8:35 am

    You Dem Dum bastards, where was your fake pathetic outrage when 75 died in river? Or 100’s in dessert, 50 in smuggled truck.
    750 have died this year. You didn’t say anything. Whose responsible for these deaths? Biden? Harris?

    Over 2 million illegals entered, this is impeachment you Dum Dem soros Manchurian.
    Shameful acts.

  • Paul Passarelli

    September 17, 2022 at 10:57 am

    Crist said. “I tried, when I was Governor the first time, to buy as much sugar land as I could to restore the natural flow south of the water through the Everglades, through Lake Okeechobee into Florida Bay. That’s what we need to do.

    This is how stupid the chameleon candidate is. He will bankrupt Floridians on futile programs, and accomplish nothing.

  • I am what I am

    September 18, 2022 at 12:47 pm

    Yes more bodies more ripping down Greenland more concrete more water more heat more concrete to get more money

  • Alan Jackson

    September 18, 2022 at 4:42 pm

    Desantis will get his just place:
    Matthew 25: 31 – 46
    Jesus said to his disciples: “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
    He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
    Then the king will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father.
    Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
    For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,
    naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’
    Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
    When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
    When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’
    And the king will say to them in reply,’Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
    Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
    For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me

Comments are closed.


#FlaPol

Florida Politics is a statewide, new media platform covering campaigns, elections, government, policy, and lobbying in Florida. This platform and all of its content are owned by Extensive Enterprises Media.

Publisher: Peter Schorsch @PeterSchorschFL

Contributors & reporters: Phil Ammann, Renzo Downey, Roseanne Dunkelberger, A.G. Gancarski, Anne Geggis, Kelly Hayes, Ryan Nicol, Jacob Ogles, Gray Rohrer, Jesse Scheckner, Christine Sexton, Andrew Wilson, Wes Wolfe, and Mike Wright.

Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @PeterSchorschFL
Phone: (727) 642-3162
Address: 204 37th Avenue North #182
St. Petersburg, Florida 33704




Sign up for Sunburn


Categories