Former Jacksonville Mayor John Peyton is poised to soon have a new public visibility, as the JAX Chamber announced Wednesday his election as chair-elect.
Peyton served as mayor of Jacksonville from 2003 to 2011; since his mayoralty, he has not been politically prominent, except for a strong endorsement of Lenny Curry in 2015.
Darnell Smith, the current chair of the Chamber, has taken a high-profile role in marshaling support for Jacksonville’s proposed expansion of its Human Rights Ordinance.
Also announced: the 2017 JAX Chamber Board of Directors, which includes a number of community luminaries, including several of the most relevant political figures in Jacksonville.
On the board: Jacksonville City Council President Lori Boyer; Curry’s Chief of Staff, Kerri Stewart; former Mayor John Delaney; Duval County School Board Chair Paula Wright.
A complete list of members and professional affiliations is below:
· Ken Babby, Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
· Kathy Barco Jossim, Barco-Duval Engineering
· Rosa Beckett, Jacksonville Aviation Authority
· Sarah Bermudez, Workscapes
· Cynthia Bioteau, Florida State College at Jacksonville
· John Bottaro, RS&H
· Hon. Lori Boyer, Jacksonville City Council
· Michael Brannigan, Suddath Relocation Systems
· Michelle Braun, United Way of Northeast Florida
· Lathun Brigman, Beaver Street Fisheries Inc.
· Henry Brown, Miller Electric Company
· Debbie Buckland, BB&T
· Ed Burr, GreenPointe Holdings LLC
· Mike Butler, JPMorgan Chase
· Rose Conry, StaffTime
· Tim Cost, Jacksonville University
· Sandy Coston, GuideWell Source
· Ben Davis, Intuition Ale Works
· Daniel Davis, JAX Chamber
· John Delaney, University of North Florida
· Wally Devlin, Rimrock Companies
· Ray Driver, Driver, McAfee, Peek & Hawthorne, P.L.
· Paula Drum, Interline Brands
· Roseann Duran, Web.com
· Gianrico Farrugia, Mayo Clinic
· Nathaniel Ford, Jacksonville Transportation Authority
· Nat Glover, Edward Waters College
· April Green, Bethel Baptist Institutional Church
· Eric Green, JAXPORT
· Dane Grey, Elite Parking Services of America
· Abel Harding, IBERIABANK
· Micah Heavener, Citi
· RDML Mary Jackson, Navy Region Southeast
· Barbara Johnston, Regency Centers Corporation
· Quintin Kendall, CSX Corporation
· Mark Lamping, Jacksonville Jaguars Ltd.
· Thomas Lee, Lee & Cates Glass Inc.
· Eric Mann, YMCA of Florida’s First Coast
· Paul McElroy, JEA
· David Miller, Brightway Insurance
· Audrey Moran, Baptist Health
· Dan Murphy, Fidelity National Financial Inc.
· Donna Orender, Orender Unlimited / Generation W
· Brian Parks, SunTrust Bank North Florida
· John Peyton, GATE Petroleum Company
· Jared Rice, THE PLAYERS Championship
· Jamie Shelton, bestbet Jacksonville
· Peter Shen, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
· Misty Skipper, GATE Petroleum Company
· Leslie Slover, Deutsche Bank
· Greg Smith, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
· Darnell Smith, Florida Blue
· Kelly Smith, Wells Fargo
· Scott Snyder, Compass Consulting Group
· Kerri Stewart, City of Jacksonville, Mayor’s Office
· Cindy Stover, TD Bank
· Ellen Sullivan, The BairFind Foundation
· Tyra Tutor, Adecco Group North America
· Tom Van Berkel, The Main Street America Group
· Tom VanOsdol, St. Vincent’s HealthCare
· Tim Volpe, Adams and Reese LLP
· Denise Wallace, BCM Services
· Nina Waters, The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida
· Terry West, VyStar Credit Union
· Jeff Whitson, TECO Peoples Gas
· Hon. Paula Wright, Duval County School Board